Covered in dog hair, Obsessed with books, Wondering what it's all about. I suspect the answer is ice cream and the ocean.
Here are my bookish (and perhaps a couple non-bookish) resolutions for 2015!
1) Read 100 Books - I've been working towards this goal for a few years now, slowing adding to the number of books I read each year. This year my goal was 90 and I ended up reading 92 books. I can do this.
2) Read 25 books off my 100 Books Project list - I'll be entering year 3 of 5 in my 100 books project and the last couple years I've fallen short of the 20 book minimum per year I need to keep up. Time to pick up the pace!
3) Participate in and complete Book'd Out's Eclectic Reader Challenge and the Book Riot Read Harder Challenge - I'm a mood reader so don't like to plan out my reading too much but both of these look interesting and I thinking there will be a lot of overlap between these and the 100 books project list. I think with planning, I can complete all the challenges and have the challenge/project books be no more than a third of my reading. I hope.
4) Track Diversity - I'd like to do a better job of tracking how much racial and ethnic diversity there is in my reading so that I can be more aware of my reading habits and be proactive about reading more diversely.
5) Read the books I own - Between my eReader and two full shelves of unread books, I have plenty to read right here in my cozy home. However, like most book addicts I love to shop for books and the Library? It's like book shopping with NO MONEY BEING SPENT. I love my weekly trip to the library but I will make an effort to pick up more of the books I already have in my hot little hands.
6) MOUNT TBR, I will tackle thee! - This is somewhat related to number 5 and like number 5 I will be vague in my resolution and just resolve to pay attention to my TBR pile. Blogging has definitely brought me closer to the world of reading the bright shiny new things as they are released but I still mostly read back list and am pretty good at not requesting too many ARCs. This should be a cinch, right? Riiiiiggghhtt.
7) Find some time for Re-reading - I used to re-read like a champ all the time. For some reason I have gotten out of the habit and that makes me sad. There are a lot of books and series I'd like to revisit and I'm going to try to carve out a little reading time for them. Some books on that list would include: The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lymond Chronicles by Dorothy Dunnett, The Belgariad by David Eddings, Harry Potter, all the Song of Ice and Fire Books (once the final book in the series has been released - that'll happen this year right?:), His Dark Materials series by Phillip Pullman.
8) BALANCE, take two - This was actually my one life resolution from last year and it went surprisingly okay considering that this past year was probably a terrible year to try and achieve it. Truly, is there ever a really good time? It's still worth striving for and I will continue to keep it in the forefront of my mind.
9) Real Food and maybe even Real Exercise - Another life resolution and one that is over done, I know but I started trying to clean up my diet a couple of months ago and it is going somewhat well but needs continued refining. And no worries, I will not be joining a gym! However, I do need to figure out some alternative and more diverse exercising then endlessly walking my dogs.
What is that, you say? Walking us does not keep you at the peak of fitness? How is that possible?
I'll wrap it up there and leave a tenth spot open for any last minute resoluting that might need to happen:0)! What are your goals for 2015?